Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm Giving Up on Bottled Yogurt Drinks



Fro-yo girl here. I gave up on the Yakult type yogurt drinks a few months ago. They were all too sugary for me and I didn't like the flavor much. I'm seeing more bottled yogurt smoothies at the supermarket but I haven't been too interested in trying them. But then Trader Joe's introduced Organic lowfat Wildberry probiotic yogurt smoothies (love TJ's) so I bought a four pack. The smoothie wasn't bad - it had a tangy, real yogurt quality, it wasn't too thick...but I felt like I was drinking melted fro-yo. I probably wouldn't buy them again.



And I'm not buying Yoplait's new frozen smoothie in a bag - but it is interesting how it includes little frozen yogurt cubes.



I spotted a "baked style yogurt drink" at the market the other day. Baked yogurt? Sounded different enough to catch my interest. Baking doesn't kill the live cultures. They also had many mysterious varieties of kefir, including Krestiansky, Ryazhenka, Bazarny and Weijski. But these drinks were all full fat and are probably too rich for me.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

3 comments:

bananas. said...

trader joe's really is the best!

Bonnibella said...

I only like the tiny asian yogurt drink, which packs a lot of sugar in the small bottle.

Lolia S said...

I think you're thinking of Yakult?

- FYG