Friday, March 5, 2010

Couldn't You Have Thought of a Better Name?


Fro-yo girl here. The results of the worst name for a fro-yo shop poll are in and the overwhelming winner (71% of votes) for worst name was Dude Where's My Yogurt? I remember I was in shock the first time I heard the name. Since fro-yo is more popular with women, the name not only sounded dumb but also not appealing to the main consumers of fro-yo. I haven't been to the shop but I'd be willing to try it (despite the name) because they carry mochi (delivered fresh daily) from Osaka Ya of Sacramento. On their website, they explain where the name came from: "Many customers ask the Pocket entrepreneurs about the naming of the store. Clark and Hubbard had several names in mind, but Clark’s 17-year-old daughter Kasey suggested, “Hey, how about, ‘Dude, Where’s My Yogurt?’”

The other nominees were:
* McBerryZ Frozen Treats: I actually thought this was the lamest name because it's so ghetto - the spelling and the Mc make me think low quality, McDonald's, crappy fro-yo.
* Yogurtouille: This name is hard to spell and makes me think of rats. I don't want to think of rats while eating fro-yo.
* Yogoholic: I didn't think this name was bad because I know people who call themselves froyoholics but my friend said "alcoholism is a disease, so it's a terrible name."
* Maqito Yogurt: Is Maqito a word? I think of mosquitoes. Yuck.

I forgot to include Froyo? in the poll. The question mark makes me think that they're not really serving fro-yo. Bad name.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* DUDE WHERE'S MY YOGURT: 7485 Rush River Dr., Sacramento, CA 95831

No comments: