Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yogurt Parfaits at Fro-yo Places


Fro-yo girl here. While you can get yogurt parfaits just about everywhere (e.g., Trader Joe’s, Starbucks, McDonald’s), the best place to get them is at a good fro-yo shop where the fruit is fresh and the parfaits are made to order. These are my top picks for yogurt parfaits in the Bay Area:

* Culture Organic Frozen Yogurt: It’s no secret that I love Culture for the quality of their fro-yo and their incomparably delicious toppings. Their parfaits are made with organic Straus yogurt (yum). They have organic (yes organic) fruit that I don’t see at other fro-yo shops, including plums, pluots, peaches, Valencia oranges and blood oranges. And their crunchy, super fresh, house granola, made on the premises, is fantastic. My favorite is the gingersnap granola. Fruit and granola offerings change often.

* Fraiche Yogurt: I haven’t tried their non-frozen yogurt but they do make their own with Clover Organic Milk and it’s probably decent. I haven’t had their granola either because their homemade mochi is the best. Other options include steel cut oatmeal and Blue Bottle coffee.

* So Frais Frozen Yogurt Cafe: This new, upscale self-serve fro-yo shop also offers build your own yogurt parfaits at 42 cents an ounce. Their fresh fruit looked particularly fresh.

* Jubili Frozen Yogurt: I had a fro-yo parfait here but they also offer yogurt parfaits made with lowfat vanilla yogurt, your choice of two fresh fruit toppings, and your choice of granola. The crushed Nature Valley granola bars are really good!

Fraiche (7 AM on weekdays) and Jubili (8 AM on weekdays) are the only fro-yo shops that open early enough to have a yogurt parfait for breakfast. At Jubili you can get the fro-yo parfait at 8 AM if you’re so inclined (i.e., you’re like me). Yes, that is a picture of a fro-yo parfait. When I have a choice between a fro-yo parfait and a yogurt parfait, I choose the fro-yo parfait every time.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* CULTURE ORGANIC FROZEN YOGURT: 340 S California Ave, Palo Alto, CA
* FRAICHE YOGURT: 644 Emerson, Palo Alto, CA
* SO FRAIS FROZEN YOGURT CAFÉ: 5363 Mowry, Fremont, CA
* JUBILI FROZEN YOGURT: 1515 Fillmore St, San Francisco, CA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy...now I want one during work!