Saturday, July 4, 2009

Golden Spoon Grand Opening Weekend Coverage



Fro-yo girl here. I stopped by Golden Spoon today for some free fro-yo (the promo continues tomorrow from 11 AM – 11 PM). They had 12 flavors to choose from (it’s not self-serve) and 2 of these were tart (mango, simply tart). They have 50 rotating flavors. For toppings, they had candy, cheesecake bites, mochi, granola, sprinkles, and syrups.

I met up with Robert M., their marketing guy, and chatted over a bowl of fro-yo. Robert’s favorite is old fashioned vanilla and he also recommends chocolate malt.

Golden Spoon started out 25 years ago in SoCal, so naturally this franchise specializes in sweet fro-yo. Almost all of the flavors are non-fat (peanut butter is one exception) and their fro-yo does contain live and active cultures. They've developed their own fro-yo recipes.

The San Jose shop is currently under construction and they plan to open on August 8th. That location is larger, so they’ll have space for two more fro-yo machines.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* GOLDEN SPOON FROZEN YOGURT: 4065 E. Castro Valley Blvd, Castro Valley, CA

3 comments:

bananas. said...

HEY! i was there todady too! i got the mango tart :)

Lolia S said...

I also got the mango tart! The fro-yo in the picture is Robert's. I was there around 2:30 PM.

Bonnibella said...

I wish I got some free fro-yo!