Saturday, July 11, 2009

Grand Opening Coverage of So Frais Frozen Yogurt Cafe


Fro-yo girl here. Congratulations to Amy and Ray on their elegant, stylish new frozen yogurt café, So Frais. So Frais offers much more than self-serve fro-yo. You can also enjoy delectable cupcakes, stuffed pretzels, decadent infused chocolates, Vietnamese coffee, gelato and macarons. If you’re feeling creative, you can add your own artwork to their wall.

Yes, you can help yourself to fro-yo (8 flavors a day, mostly tart) and add toppings (42 cents an ounce) but you can also make your own yogurt (non-frozen) parfait.



So Frais differentiates itself with its menu, build your own parfait and higher quality toppings (fruit purees, homemade plain mochi). They keep their fresh fruit over ice and their berries looked much better than the usual soggy, wilted berries I see. Fruit is cut into larger chunks. I think they're eco-friendly too - or at least they recycle.



The event started at 1 PM. Friends and family enjoyed free fro-yo while others received a buy one, get one free discount.

They have creamier fro-yo and icier fro-yo, to accommodate different preferences.

Flavors of the day:
* Vanilla
* Cookies n’ Cream
* Icicle Tart (sour, icier plain tart)
* So Frais Plain Tart (sweeter, creamier)
* Pomegranate tart
* Blueberry tart
* Taro tart
* Pineapple tart



Check out the pictures. Pretty, isn’t it?

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* SO FRAIS FROZEN YOGURT CAFÉ: 5363 Mowry, Fremont, CA

8 comments:

bananas. said...

that place looks soooo good. i will have to check it out the next time i'm in fremont.

Lolia S said...

It truly is an elegant dessert cafe with an inviting, lounge like atmosphere...scribble on the wall, read their magazines, drink some coffee. I heard they have free wi-fi but I didn't see the sign so I'm not sure...I think I was too eager to go inside and look at the fro-yo & toppings.

Anonymous said...

When in late July will Blush be open?

Lolia S said...

Last I heard, the last week of July - but I'll get an update soon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bonnibella said...

What a cool place, I would like to mix my sweet and tart original fro-yo here.

Anonymous said...

this place will kill yoswirl.

Lolia S said...

Blush SF update - opening date is still uncertain, they're hoping it will be August 1st