Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Menchie’s Santa Monica Ocean Park Has Reopened After a Long Closure

 


Fro-yo girl here. I had to meet friends in Santa Monica last spring and I tried to go to Menchie’s Ocean Park in April. The shop was closed on a Saturday night. The machines and signs were inside, like they hadn’t left it that long ago. I checked for months and the store did not reopen. I thought it had closed for good only it was still listed on the Menchie’s website.

They opened briefly the summer after the pandemic (in 2020) but then they were closed again for months. I contacted the owner and she said she wasn’t sure when the shop would reopen.

Well, the shop reopened under new ownership. I’m not sure exactly when it happened since I’m rarely in the area but it might have been June or July 2021. I went on a Saturday afternoon and lots of families were sitting outside enjoying froyo.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

MENCHIE’S OCEAN PARK: 2901 Ocean Park Blvd, Ste 107, Santa Monica, CA 90405

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: