Thursday, October 7, 2021

Formula Brew Booch Pops Review




Fro-yo girl here. I was excited to find the world’s first nationally distributed frozen kombucha pops, Booch Pops, at Bristol Farms in South Pasadena, CA. Erewhon also carries Booch Pops though the Silverlake location was out of stock when I checked. One box contains 4 pops. A box was $6.99 regular price at Bristol Farms.

Booch Pops are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, organic, and lower in sugar than your typical sugary frozen pops. Available flavors: raspberry lime watermelon, strawberry ginger, lemon turmeric pepper, and pineapple mango. One pop is 2.5 fl oz and is made with fresh fruit and kombucha tea. The pops are all-natural and contain live kombucha cultures.

I’m glad that I found the Lemon Turmeric Pepper flavor because it has the least amount of sugar. It was firm and icy, but packed with flavor. It tasted like a tart lemonade but more intense, and slightly spicy because of the ginger. I couldn’t tell that it was kombucha and I couldn’t detect the black pepper. One pop is 20 calories, 0g fat, 5g total carbs, 4g sugars, and 0g protein. I enjoyed how flavorful the pop was.

4 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: