Thursday, July 11, 2019

Polkatots Cupcakes Brings Pinkberry Back to Pasadena???



Fro-yo girl here. I remember the sad day when Pinkberry closed the Old Town Pasadena location – it happened the last week of July 2015. Four years ago...The Pasadena location was my regular Pinkberry location and it closed without any warning. While I was sad, there were plenty of other Pinkberry locations that I could go to back then. Things are much different in 2019; both the La Canada and Glendale Pinkberry locations have closed. Getting to Pinkberry has become even more inconvenient.

Last year, I started seeing ads for the Pinkberry foodservice program, which allows a wide variety of businesses and organizations to serve Pinkberry. There are no franchise fees, licensing fees, or royalties.

I was recently surprised to see the Pinkberry sign at Polkatots Cupcakes in Pasadena. I went inside and saw two Taylor machines. It seemed like they offered four frozen yogurt flavors at a time. There were three sizes – small, medium and large. Toppings were extra. It wasn't self-serve. However, I was told that they were sold out of all four flavors. Hmm. 

I asked when they'd get more yogurt and they said next week. Then I called again and they were still out. That was a few weeks ago. I called a few more times. They always say that they’ve run out of yogurt. But I don’t see how that can be true since they also told me they’d call me when the new shipment arrived. That was over two months ago. They still have the Pinkberry sign on the door. Very strange. I’ve pretty much given up hope at this point. The information that they’ve given me is definitely false. Talk about giving someone false hope!

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* POLKATOTS CUPCAKES: 720 N Lake Ave., Ste 3, Pasadena, CA 91104

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: