Sunday, July 21, 2019

National Ice Cream Day Pictures, Ice Cream Alley Report




Fro-yo girl here. Happy National Ice Cream Day! It was a busy day. First I went to Smorgasburg LA to check out the third Annual Ice Cream Alley. I didn’t see any froyo but there were some new vendors like Evil Cooks, with dessert tacos, and Oatly. Other ice cream vendors included Wanderlust Creamery, Buddy Pops, Madame Shugah, Mc Connell’s, Afters Ice Cream, Sweet Rose Creamery, Sweet N Hollow, Blast Ice Cream, and Smoreology. Ice Cream Alley will be back every Sunday until September 1.

Oatly’s appearance was part of their Pre-Release Tour for their new vegan, nut-free, soy-free oat frozen dessert. I believe today was the debut of their truck. The product line includes 7 flavors, though today they only offered Oat, Chocolate, Strawberry, and Coffee. The menu included scoops (2 for $4), pints oat lattes, affogat-oat, and Oatly pins. I tried the Oat and Coffee flavors. The oatmilk frozen dessert was surprisingly dense, rich, and creamy. I’m not sure how they did it. The coffee flavor wasn’t super strong. I like my coffee ice cream to have bold coffee flavor. The oat flavor was surprisingly mild and didn’t taste as much like oatmeal as I expected. The flavor was clean and pleasant. The product line will launch this fall. The other flavors are Chocolate Chip, Mint Chip, and Vanilla.

Then it was time to get some froyo at Yogurtland’s National Ice Cream Day BOGO event. It was crazy busy! They still had the cute waffle cone spoons. I wanted to stock up on their Dairy-free Key Lime Pie soft serve.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: