Saturday, May 29, 2010

Tarami Fruit Market: Japanese Yogurt Review


Fro-yo girl here. I spotted Japanese yogurt while shopping at Nijiya Market in San Francisco. Of course I had to try it. The yogurt comes in clear cups and it's made by Tarami Fruit Market. They're $1.79 each.

* Nata de coco yogurt dessert: To my surprise, this dessert is a yogurt jelly...it's fairly firm like soft tofu with a mild, milky, sweet flavor. There are large cubes of nata de coco. The nata de coco is firm and chewy. It doesn't taste like coconut though it's made of fermented coconut water and carrageenan. I enjoyed the contrasting textures and the mild, delicate flavors. The next time I see nata de coco at a fro-yo shop, I'm going to get some for my fro-yo.

They also had aloe in yogurt jelly and fruit in yogurt jelly.

4 out of 5 stars

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

No comments: