Thursday, December 24, 2009

Cefiore Frozen Yogurt Review



Fro-yo girl here. Thanks to Stellaincognita's tip, I went to Whole Foods to look for pints of Cefiore...and yes, they had them! There were four flavors: strawberry, chocolate, acai-pomegranate and original tart, $3.99 each. I selected acai pomegranate and had some for breakfast today. First, it has a nice odor - the scent of fro-yo. The texture is lighter than most supermarket fro-yo. It's soft and almost whipped (but not too airy). You can definitely taste the acai, even more so than the pomegranate. While I liked the flavor (fruity and tangy), they put way too much sugar in it.

Their fro-yo has live and active cultures and is kosher.



Ingredients: Water, sucrose, skim milk, acai puree, maltodextrin, pomegranate juice concentrate, whey, egg yolks, natural flavors, passion fruit juice concentrate, stabilizer, yogurt cultures, natural lemon juice powder.

4 stars out of 5

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* WHOLE FOODS: 450 Rhode Island St., San Francisco, CA

11 comments:

Marie said...

I've been to Whole Foods once, I keep hearing raves about it. I should go back and check this out!

Anonymous said...

Can you check to see if they have it at the 24th Street location? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Updated news on the Nubi location at Portrero Center. The For Lease sign has been taken down and now replaced by two papers. I think one is a work permit and according to it, it must be completed by Nov. 19, 2010? I don't know what the other paper said. I think they are going to do some constructions on it and they might be open early next year?! Maybe you, froyogirl, can give us on the date that it will officially open.

Lolia S said...

Dear Anonymous,

I'm not sure which location you're referring to - 24th St? In SF? I know there's one on 4th St. SOMA and then the one on California.

Lolia S said...

Oh thank you Anonymous. I was in that area a little while ago and I forgot to check. One must be the work permit. I'll keep my ears open of course.

Anonymous said...

Yes,24th St. in SF. That is the newest Whole Foods in SF. It is located in Noe Valley.

Lolia S said...

Oops, I didn't even realize the Noe Valley Whole Foods had opened. I'll have to check it out soon. Thanks for the info.

Lolia S said...

I went to the 24th St. Noe Valley. It's tiny. They didn't have any Cefiore pints.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm that Pom sounds amazing. I'm going to have to hit up Whole Foods STAT!

Anonymous said...

Thanks froyogirl. Now, I don't have to head there to see if they have it or not.

stellaincognita said...

Yay! I'm glad I could help & that you found it! Thanks for the credit :)
It definitely won't be a total substitute for my froyo trips, but it's decent enough to quell a craving! I agree, though, that it's too sweet.