Monday, October 7, 2019

Yogurtland Artisanal Collection New Flavor: Ube Frozen Yogurt and Pre-packaged Froyo to Go



Fro-yo girl here. A new frozen yogurt flavor, Ube (purple yam), is scheduled to launch today at Yogurtland. Yogurtland describes it as inspired by the Philippines with “sweet, buttery, and nutty flavors.

The vibrant purple color of Ube makes this unique flavor looks so fun and scrumptious!” It’s nonfat, gluten free and has live and active cultures.

I confused Ube with Taro but it’s a different root. The Ube froyo looked was a much brighter, more vibrant shade of purple than the taro froyo. The flavor was sweet and mildly nutty with what seemed like a hint of coconut. The texture was smooth and thick. It tasted natural, I think, but I don’t eat ube, so I’m not an ube expert. Recommended toppings: raspberry puree, raspberries, white chocolate chips, coconut.

I noticed that Yogurtland San Gabriel started selling pre-packaged 16 oz cups for $5. They only had three flavors. If they ever have peanut butter froyo cups, I’m buying some. Oh, peanut butter froyo, I miss you so!

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: