Sunday, October 20, 2019

Blogiversary Number 11 for Fro-Yo Girl Speaks


Fro-yo girl here. It’s hard to believe that Fro-Yo Girl Speaks is over 10 years old. Today marks the eleventh anniversary of my very first blog post. Eleven years is a long time and I still love froyo. Here’s a quick overview of what I’ve been up to over the last year.

Pasadena fro-yo update: My favorite Yogurtland location on Lake Ave. in Pasadena changed ownership late last year, raised prices, and went down hill. I’m very sad about it. I miss the owner, Steve, and the employees (the old ones left). Yogurtland Old Town Pasadena closed. I haven’t been going to Yogurtland as often as I did in previous years. On a positive note, 21 Choices just reopened, after moving from De Lacey and Colorado to chose to the new food hall on Union at Fair Oaks.

Progress towards meeting the blog’s original goal: I had to change my old goal of going to every froyo shop in the Bay Area to going to every froyo shop in greater Los Angeles. The rate of new openings has slowed and more froyo shops have closed, so I’m making good progress. I think I’ve been to every froyo shop within a 15-20 mile radius of my residence. I’m moving onto the 20-30 mile range, including Downey, Compton, and Santa Monica

Froyo spoon collection: I was able to sell about half of my extra froyo spoons on eBay. Hope I can sell more spoons in the future.

Soft and grand openings attended this year: So far, I’ve been to the openings of Yoga-urt in Echo Park, Menchie’s Sycamore Hills (Upland, CA), 21 Choices Frozen Yogurt in Old Town Pasadena and Eb & Bean #3 in Portland, Oregon. 


Current froyo obsessions: We're regulars at Yoga-urt in Glendale and Echo Park. So much about Yoga-urt is amazing - the vegan, organic soft serve, those crunchy gluten-free housemade cones, the housemade chocolate sauce. Drool. I still go to Souvla every time I go to SF. And I think about Pita GR's Greek frozen yogurt all the time but Downey isn't close, unfortunately.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: