Thursday, October 3, 2019

Menchie’s October Feature Flavors, Halloween Spoon & Contest





Fro-yo girl here. Boo! Menchie’s is showing plenty of Halloween spirit this month. The October feature flavors are Haunted Harvest Pumpkin, Sugar Cookie Spell, Chocolate Cream Pie frozen yogurt. Harvest Pumpkin is a returning seasonal flavor. Sugar Cookie Spell might be new but I’m not sure, since Menchie’s did have Sugar Cookie frozen yogurt in 2015 during the PAN promotion. Sometimes a returning flavor has a different name. It wasn’t available during my visit. Chocolate Cream Pie is definitely new.

* Chocolate Cream Pie frozen yogurt: Made with no artificial colors or flavors, Menchie’s Chocolate Cream Pie is lowfat and made with real California milk. I’ve never had chocolate cream pie before, so I can’t compare it to the real thing. The chocolate flavor was mild, like milk chocolate. It tasted a little like chocolate cake. There was a bitter aftertaste. The texture was smooth and creamy. I found it bland. 


Update (10/9): It wasn't easy to find Sugar Cookie Spell frozen yogurt but I finally tracked it down. It did taste like sugar cookies and I found it very sweet and one-dimensional. The yogurt was also a touch icy, which didn't help.

I look forward to a new Halloween Menchie’s spoon every Halloween and they didn’t disappoint me this year. The new spoon features Menchie dressed as a vampire with a few bats on the front and Chip coming out of a pumpkin in the back. And there’s a Halloween froyo spoon contest! To enter, take a picture of Menchie’s new Spooktacular Spoon in a froyo mix and post it on Instagram with the tags @mymenchies and #menchiesspoon to enter. The prize is a $100 Menchie’s gift card. The last day to enter is Halloween.

I noticed a door decal for the new Monster Cakes. Those would be perfect for Halloween. The new cup design features Menchie’s froyo cakes. I didn’t see anything about World Smile Day, which Menchie’s has been celebrating for years. It takes place on October 4, 2019.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: