Thursday, May 23, 2019

Mini Dessert Bars Trend: Yasso Snack Size Bars Hit the Shelves at Target





Fro-yo girl here. Yasso announced their new line of smaller Greek yogurt bars, called Snack Buddies, back in March 2019. I couldn’t find any till now; Snack Buddies are available nationwide at Target as of this month. Each bar is 45-calories. Snack Buddies are available in the following flavors: Mint Cookie Chums, Strawbuddy Lemonade, Fudge Space Chip, and Party Animal. One box has eight bars. Target was selling the boxes for $5.49 each. The artwork on the boxes is adorable.

Of course, my Target had three out of four flavors and the missing flavor, Mint Cookie Chums, is the one that I know I’d like the best. I’m sure Mint Cookie Chums will show up soon.

While I was at Target, I noticed Halo Top Pops, smaller light ice cream pops that look like Yasso and are 50 calories per pop. They’re made out of ice cream, so I probably won’t try them. Revele Gelato’s whipped Greek frozen yogurt bars are small and 60 calories per pop.

Is it a coincidence that pops are getting smaller?

Millennials and Gen Zs are said to love dessert and snacking. A 2018 study by The Center for Generational Kinetics found that 87% of Gen Z “thinks about dessert one or more times a day.” So, smaller portions in a convenient form make sense.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.



No comments: