Thursday, May 9, 2019

Aldi’s Friendly Farms Skyr Yogurt Review



Fro-yo girl here. I was at Aldi the other day when I spotted their new limited time offering, Friendly Farms Icelandic Style Skyr Yogurt. One cup is 5.3 oz and 99 cents. There were three flavors: Vanilla, Strawberry, and Blueberry. The fruit flavors are blended.

Vanilla: The amount of sugar, 8g, is comparable to Siggi’s but Friendly Farms vanilla skyr tastes sweeter to me though the aftertaste is sour, tangy and a little chalky. I could see some vanilla bean specks. The texture was thick and smooth. The aftertaste lingers. I prefer Siggi’s.

Strawberry: The strawberry flavor is mild and the texture was lighter and smoother than the vanilla skyr. I could see some strawberry seeds. The skyr brings out the sourness of the strawberries. I liked it better than the vanilla skyr because it was tangier.

Blueberry: The blueberry skyr had a stronger fruit flavor than the strawberry and even some tiny blueberries. It was still tangy but not as sour. The blueberry skyr was my favorite.

Friendly Farms skyr is made with milk from cows that haven’t been treated with rBST. The skyr is nonfat. One serving of Blueberry skyr has 120 calories, 0g fat, 15g carbohydrates, 15g proteins, and 10g sugars.

Ingredients (Blueberry): Cultured pasteurized nonfat grade A milk, sugar, blueberries, blueberry puree, corn starch, natural flavors, pectin, live active cultures.

3.5 out of 5 stars

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: