Thursday, May 2, 2019

Menchie’s May Feature Flavors & New Cups: Chips Ahoy! Original Cookie, Pomegranate Razz Sorbet



Fro-yo girl here. Happy May! Menchie’s has one new and one reformulated flavor for May, Chips Ahoy! Original Cookie frozen yogurt (brand new) and Pomegranate Razz sorbet (reformulated). Both are available for a limited time.

It’s a challenge to find the latest flavors at the Menchie’s in my area. I like the Menchie’s Eagle Rock but they usually put the newest flavors several weeks late. Menchie’s South Pasadena usually has at least one of the new feature flavors at the beginning of each month. Right now, Menchie’s South Pasadena has Chips Ahoy! Original Cookie froyo but not Pomegranate Razz sorbet or the Detective Pikachu cups.

Chips Ahoy! Original Cookie frozen yogurt, made with Chips Ahoy! cookies, is lowfat and 130 calories per serving (4 fl oz). It’s been a long time since I’ve had Chips Ahoy! but it’s a taste that I haven’t forgotten. The Original Cookie froyo is mild and tastes more like cookie than chocolate – it has an extra sweet aftertaste with a baked cookie flavor reminiscent of Chips Ahoy! The texture was smooth. I didn't see any chocolate chips. Recommended toppings: chocolate chips, chocolate shell, Heath, mini M&Ms. I looked for Chips Ahoy! cookies at the toppings bar, but I didn't see any.

Pomegranate Razz sorbet has been reformulated and contains no artificial colors or flavors and no high fructose corn syrup. I’ll have to try it later.

There’s a new limited edition collectible cup design. The Detective Pikachu cup is for a new movie coming out on May 10. I’ll have to pick up my cups later as well. 


You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: