Sunday, December 31, 2017

My Best Swirl of 2017


Fro-yo girl here. I’ll probably have some frozen yogurt on New Year’s Eve, but I think I’m done doing my own swirling for the year. So, I’m ready to look back at my year of froyo and pick my best swirl of the year.

I predict I’ll end the year with 187 cups of froyo consumed, slightly less than my 2016 total of 197 and down from the peak consumption year of 2015 when I hit 200 cups. Two hundred cups of froyo is a lot of froyo. I did share some cups with Mr. Froyo, especially the ones that I took home and put in the freezer, but very few.

You can see all the froyo that I consumed on my Pinterest board, 2017 Froyo Consumed by Me.

I took a close look at all my cups of froyo consumed to find my best looking swirl. My best swirl happened on International Frozen Yogurt Day (February 6, 2017) at Yogurtland Pasadena. The swirl looked better before I added toppings to it. While I didn’t leave room for toppings, the swirl did look perfect.

I also like to look at flavors and toppings that I selected. I found the following:

  • Self-swirled (64%) of cups vs not swirled by me (36%)
  • Single flavor (89%) vs. more than one flavor (11%) in the cup
  • Dairy (69%) vs. non-dairy (31%)
  • Yogurtland (31%) vs. other shops (69%)

This year I went to several places more often, including Pinkberry, Yoga-urt, Pressed Juicery and eateries that serve baklava as a froyo topping. I also ate a lot more non-dairy soft serve. But, I stayed loyal to Yogurtland. And I still don’t like having more than one flavor in my cup. I’m going to more non-self-serve places than in the past and I’m definitely happy about that.

Want to make your swirl look nicer? Read IFYA's Froyo Swirling Tips and get plenty of practice. Practice does help because you need to swirl with precision but also have a relaxed wrist. For inspiration, check out the IFYA’s Pinterest board, Best Looking Cups of Froyo.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey fro yo girl! i lovedddd ur post. SO fro-yantastic. I am left wondering if you yearly fro-yo cut consumption prediction was accurate! pleaseee aswer! xoxo


XOXOXOXOOXOXOOXo fro-yo sam

Lolia S said...

Fro-yo Sam,

Thanks so much for reading! Yes, my prediction was accurate. I usually get froyo 2 -3 times/week without fail, so it's easy to predict.

xo xo, FYG