Thursday, December 14, 2017

Menchie’s Toasted Coconut Crunch Test Flavor, Fruit Purees




Fro-yo girl here. While I was at Menchie’s University in Encino, CA, I noticed a new test flavor called Toasted Coconut Crunch. It’s made with Mrs. Thinster’s Cookie Thins (the Toasted Coconut Cookie Thins) and has no artificial flavors or colors, no high fructose corn syrup and no partially hydrogenated oils.

* Toasted Coconut Crunch froyo: The texture was creamy and smooth but it tasted like coconut without cookies. I do love cookie froyo flavors, though I’m not a big fan of coconut froyo. So, this flavor was okay for me but a pass because the cookie flavor isn’t noticeable.

I also noticed chilled fruit purees in squeeze bottles in blueberry, strawberry, and passionfruit. I don’t think that I’ve seen these at other Menchie’s locations, so maybe fruit purees will be carried soon at more locations. Yogurtland added fruit purees in June 2016.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* MENCHIE’S UNIVERSITY: 17245 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA 91316

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: