Saturday, December 30, 2017

My Favorite Froyo Flavors of 2017



Fro-yo girl here. I still love trying new froyo flavors. New flavors and collectible froyo spoons are the best way to draw me into a froyo shop. And of the new flavors that I tried in 2017, the following ones were my favorites.

Best Tart Froyo: Pinkberry’s Blueberry Muffin frozen yogurt

I was really impressed with Pinkberry this year, because they introduced multiple tart flavors and they were all delicious. It was hard to choose a favorite one. Black Raspberry was the tartest of the new flavors and I love all things lemon, including Pinkberry’s Meyer Lemon, but the Blueberry Muffin frozen yogurt stole my heart. I think that the blueberry muffin topping put it over the top.

Best Sweet Froyo: Yogurtland’s Rare Madagascar Vanilla frozen yogurt

If you blinked, you might have missed the best new sweet froyo flavor of the year. Yogurtland only offered Rare Madagascar Vanilla frozen yogurt for a week, from June 26 – July 1. Storms affected the supply of Madagascar’s vanilla beans. Yogurtland’s Rare Madagascar Vanilla frozen yogurt, was made with pure bourbon Vanilla extracted from choice Madagascar vanilla beans using a cold process method and fresh California milk. It was creamy, sweet, and exquisite.



Best Vegan Froyo: Yoga-urt's Purple Power frozen yogurt


It’s no surprise that the best vegan froyo flavor was produced by Yoga-urt in Glendale, CA, yet again. Their product quality is simply amazing. They make their own vegan base with housemade cashew and almond milk. Purple Power was created for Yoga-urt’s second anniversary. It’s made with cherries, raspberries, blackberries, pomegranate, spinach, beets, coconut milk, cashews, basil and more. The flavor has no added sugar, which gives it an extra star from Mr. Froyo. I think I like every flavor with fresh spinach and fresh herbs. Yum.

For a list of new frozen yogurt flavors that were introduced in 2017, see http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/new-froyo-flavors-2017/

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* YOGA-URT, 1407 ½ W Kenneth Rd., Glendale, CA 91201

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: