Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tuttimelon Broadway Grand Reopening Coverage



Fro-yo girl here. Believe it or not, there were TWO Tuttimelon openings this weekend. Today was the grand reopening of their Broadway location. I don't think it was heavily promoted and that was a wise decision. Once the locals figured out there was free fro-yo, it was plenty crowded. In fact, with all the Chinese people pouring in, they almost ran out of fro-yo (really, ha ha).



I have a special fondness for this location, formerly Yoogo Gelato, the predecessor of Tuttimelon. It was with Yoogo that Mr. Tuttimelon honed his gelato making skills (later his refined palate and passion for quality would lead to the creation of tuttilicious fro-yo). And now this special spot is the home of the first combined Tuttimelon/Tea Way location. The official name is Tuttimelon but they have the full Tea Way menu of boba drinks and tasty snacks like fried tofu, popcorn chicken, squid, etc., priced at $2.99 each. They still sell gelato, just like in the old Yoogo days.



Guests received free fro-yo from 12 - 3 PM and a raffle ticket. I didn't stick around for the drawing but they gave away Tuttimelon gift cards and the grand prize was a Blu Ray player. It's a smaller location but very nice, design wise. They squeezed in three fro-yo machines (6 self-serve flavors, 38 cents each) on a lovely wall with rectangular grey/blue/white tiles. They kept the wavy white wall. The flavors were geared towards the Asian crowd (black sesame gelato, taro fro-yo). About Tea Way, they came up with the innovative idea of letting you put your own "toppings" in a cup and they they'll add your drink. I didn't see the tapioca balls but I forgot to look at the toppings closely.

Tuttimelon Burlingame is the next grand opening! Now I have to keep track of Tea Way openings too.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I will be in area on Wednesday, I will definitely stop here again for some froyo. Do they offer stamp cards?

Lolia S said...

I went during the free period, so I didn't see any stamp cards (Tutti Cards)...but they had them before the remodel and I'm 99% sure that they still have them.

- FYG

bananas. said...

i'm guessin you like tuttimelon? haha. i need to visit one soon.

Iva Messy said...

I need to go to one!! never been!!!

Lolia S said...

What are you waiting for? Try Tuttimelon :-)

- FYG