Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Frogurt by Wards Ice Cream


Fro-yo girl here. I recently met with the Bay Area distributor of Frogurt (she owns Yogizmo) to learn more about the brand. Frogurt, a Wards Ice Cream product, has been available since 1968. Wards is a privately held company located in NJ and is best known as the supplier of Bloomingdale's fro-yo (40 Carrots). They don't have a website(!).

Frogurt currently has one tart flavor (plain tart) and classic flavors like peanut butter, coffee, pistachio, vanilla, banana and chocolate. They claim that their fro-yo doesn't contain artificial ingredients. Their fro-yo is very creamy and rich (though most flavors are non-fat). New flavors are on the way, including the second tart flavor, pomegranate.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* http://www.yogizmo.com/

6 comments:

stellaincognita said...

I am sorry if I'm just not interpreting this post correctly, but is Frogurt only available at Yogizmo in the Bay Area, or is it sold at other yogurt stores too?

Lolia S said...

It's sold at other places in the Bay Area but the local distributor is the owner of Yogizmo.

- FYG

bananas. said...

where can i find me a frogurt. sounds AH-mazing!

stellaincognita said...

Oh, do you know where else? (Sorry for all the questions!) I LOVE the Bloomingdales froyo but can only get it in Chicago (as far as I know--do SF / Bay Bloomie's have Four Carrots too?)!

Lolia S said...

I was under the impression that any Bloomingdale's with a cafe carries Frogurt. I'm pretty sure the Stanford Bloomingdale's does not have a cafe...not sure about SF but I haven't heard that they have a cafe. I know that Viva Yogurt Cafe in Pleasanton carries Frogurt.

- FYG

Lolia S said...

Oh, I just remembered that Sugar Butter Flour in Campbell also serves Frogurt.

- FYG