Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fro-yo at O'Hare International Airport, Terminal 1



Fro-yo girl here. I missed the grand opening of Starfruit at Block 37 (which occurred during my visit) and endured three days without any fro-yo in the suburbs of Chicago. My first reencounter with fro-yo occured at O'Hare Airport, Terminal 1. My main goal was to find fro-yo. Before I found a directory, I spotted The Grove/Smoothie King (B7). I saw the fro-yo machines and pictures of fro-yo!



I thought they would just have sweet fro-yo but they did have one tart flavor (which was icy, runny and too sweet). They've been open about a year. The fro-yo is still primarily old school/classic sweet. They didn't have any fruit toppings and you can get the fro-yo blended with candy or cookies, as a banana split or as a sundae.

The vanilla ($2.99 for a small, $3.49 for a medium) was sweet, creamy and satisfying.



TCBY was on the directory but I walked by C19 and didn't see it. I also asked the Grove employee about TCBY and he didn't know about it. There is fro-yo in Concourse C, in the food court (C19) at Cafe Zoot. They serve Edy's ice cream and YoCream fro-yo (2 flavors). Perhaps it replaced the TCBY? I also saw another place with Edy's ice cream but no fro-yo in Concourse C.

I'm curious about Windy City Yogurt in the International Terminal but I don't think I'm allowed in that terminal (and it doesn't connect to the domestic terminals).

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

No comments: