Monday, November 16, 2009

Fro-yo in Boston: Part 1


Fro-yo girl here. I missed the grand opening of Red Mango Boston unfortunately (the opening should occur any day now). On my first day in Beantown, we wandered around downtown for hours without seeing any fro-yo. The horror! But I got lost and walked by Café Podima after lunch in Beacon Hill. I think they just have sweet fro-yo. I was too full to get fro-yo.

In the evening I went to the place I’ve been following and dreaming about for years, BerryLine. Locally owned BerryLine currently has three locations. I went to the Harvard Square location which looks like a tiny house. It was quite busy though JP Licks had a larger crowd (JP Licks’ ice cream is very popular even on cold, rainy days).


I like how BerryLine makes its own fro-yo flavors and their store design is ultra cute (vaguely Japanese looking). I enjoyed all the flavors that I tried (original, apple cinnamon, pumpkin). I found them to be smooth, full of flavor and natural tasting. The mochi seemed homemade. I suspect that BerryLine carries the best tart fro-yo in Boston.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* CAFÉ PODIMA: 156 Cambridge St., Boston, MA
* BERRYLINE HARVARD SQUARE: 3 Arrow St., Cambridge, MA

No comments: