Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tuttimelon Stoneridge Grand Opening Celebration


Fro-yo girl here. I missed the Ohio State vs. Michigan football game for the first time in years...but Tuttimelon Bear could barely sleep last night and he had to be at the Tuttimelon Stoneridge grand opening today. Of course in Ohio, no one would have a grand opening on the day of the Big Game. The Buckeyes won (yay!!!!)


Back to fro-yo, we arrived a little before Roy (Mr. Tuttimelon) and watched the preparations for the grand opening (e.g., making labels, putting labels on, getting the small cups ready, turning on the flatscreen monitor with the menu, etc.) I even made the label for the vanilla fro-yo :-) but mainly I tried not to get in the way. Plus I spent time taking notes and admiring their illuminated wavy counter and the new orange stools. There was a cute, cozy nook and the pretty hanging white globes.


The first person in line was a guy in a Cal sweatshirt. The door prize for the first 50 people was really cute - pale blue I heart Tuttimelon t-shirts and camisoles. It's nice of them to use American Apparel vs. some crappy brand. They also handed out raffle tickets. I didn't stay till 1:30 PM when they announced the winners but the prizes included tickets to the Kelly Clarkson concert, Nintendo Wii, Apple iPod Touch and Sony PS3.


This was a polite crowd. Most people didn't take that much fro-yo. Probably many of them had never had Tuttimelon before. They had 8 fro-yo flavors (2 sweet, 6 tart), gelato and sorbet.

Roy swirled my fro-yo :-) and made it look pretty.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

4 comments:

bananas. said...

it's open?! i better make sure to visit next time i'm @ stoneridges.

Lolia S said...

Yes, it's a good place to stop for a shopping pick me up :-)

Jason M. said...

Any idea who makes those orange stools? I tried googling them but no luck. Thanks

Lolia S said...

The new orange stools? I'm not sure...but the old stools and chairs are called Calligaris Jam Swivel: http://www.calligarisshopmanhattan.com/pid/00000767/Calligaris-Jam-Swivel-Adjustable-Barstool