Sunday, August 18, 2019

Pinkberry Little Tokyo (Downtown Los Angeles) Has Closed



Fro-yo girl here. Sad news, froyo fans. Since Pinkberry introduced a new flavor, I started seeing which locations near me carried Pinkbee's Salted Butter Caramel Reduced-Fat, Milk Ice Cream. I found out that the Pinkberry Little Tokyo location, the only downtown LA location, just closed. The Pinkberry sign has already been removed. And the windows were covered up. Somi Somi, the soft serve and taiyaki shop, will take over the space. 

Pinkberry Little Tokyo first opened in 2007. I visited a couple of times, since I like Little Tokyo. I met friends there. Sadly, I had a feeling it might be closing for good. The last time I went, I was looking for the new flavor, which they didn’t have even though it had been out for a few days. It seems like they started closing earlier too. RIP, Pinkberry Little Tokyo.

Yogurtland is still open in Little Tokyo. I doubt Somi Somi will last for 12 years, like Pinkberry did. Somi Somi is good but I just don’t crave soft serve ice cream as much as I crave tangy froyo.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* PINKBERRY LITTLE TOKYO: 332-A East 2nd St., Los Angeles, CA 90012

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: