Thursday, August 22, 2019

My Favorite Big Chain Froyo Flavors


Fro-yo girl here. By now I’ve been to frozen yogurt franchise locations hundreds of times. I’m pretty sure that I’ve sampled every frozen yogurt flavor that Yogurtland, Menchie’s, and Pinkberry have ever offered (except for Pinkberry’s coffee flavor that they stopped offering a long time ago). Many frozen yogurt flavors have come and gone. I wanted to share my favorites from among the regular flavors, the ones that are offered all the time. These are the reliable flavors that I turn to on a regular basis in Southern California.

Menchie’s: My top picks are I Dream of Cookies n’ Cream, Ice Cream Sandwich, and Mudslide Pie. Menchie’s sweet flavors are better than their tart flavors and I like the ones that feature chocolate combined with something else. The Creamy Country Vanilla is also very good – it’s richer than their Vanilla Snow flavor.

Pinkberry: The two reliable flavors are Original Tart and Pomegranate Tart. Original is better. It’s the flavor that started the entire tart froyo trend.

Tutti Frutti: Some of the fruit flavors at Tutti Frutti taste and look artificial, but I know I can count on two flavors: TF Premium Tart and Cookies n’ Cream. The TF Premium Tart is thick, creamy, and tangy. And the Cookies n’ Cream is rich and creamy. I liked their Peanut Butter soy bean frozen yogurt but it’s become very hard to find.

Yogurtland: My top three regular flavors are Plain Tart, Peanut Butter, and Sumatra Coffee. I like how the peanut butter and coffee flavors aren’t crazy strong; you can taste the yogurt too. Their Plain Tart is balanced and flavorful. It tastes like real yogurt. My next tier of preferred favorites includes Green Tea (a tad too sweet), Cookies n’ Cream, and Madagascar Vanilla. I know that Rocket Pop sorbet and Fresh Strawberry are among their most popular flavors though they’re not for me. I just can’t choose sorbet over froyo. And the Fresh Strawberry is good but it doesn’t taste like yogurt. I don’t like coconut but I have to say that they have the best froyo coconut flavor, Toasted Coconut.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: