Thursday, January 10, 2019

Rarest Froyo Spoons From My Collection


Fro-yo girl here. I recently organized my frozen yogurt spoon collection and in the process, saw some rare froyo spoons that I hadn’t seen for years. I know there are other froyo spoon admirers and collectors out there. This post is dedicated to them.

My rarest froyo spoons:

(1) Fru:yo elephant spoon

Fru:yo Factory had several locations in Hong Kong. At the shop entrance, a giant elephant holding a cup of froyo with his trunk greeted guests. The same elephant is shown on their froyo spoons. I believe all the locations have closed and that the elephant found a new home.

(2) Berry Chill color changing spoon

Long before Pinkberry and Yogurtland opened in the Windy City, Berry Chill was the place to get tart froyo. They even had a cute white bear mascot. They had color changing cups and spoons. Berry Chill gave me my first color changing spoon. The spoon features the Berry Chill logo. Berry Chill opened several locations in Chicago, filed for bankruptcy in 2010, and closed their shops.

(3) Snog spoon 


This rare spoon is my only metal froyo spoon. The limited edition Snog spoons were designed by Tomas Alonso of the Royal College of Art. Snog spoons came in one color, hot pink, and they were made out of shiny anodized aluminum. My friend from the UK gave me the spoon.

(4) Menchie’s test spoon

This orange Menchie’s spoon that features Chip was a test spoon for a run of spoons. The test spoons aren’t available in stores. It looks like a test spoon for the brown Chip spoons.

(5) 7 Eleven froyo spoon

In Norway, 7-Eleven locations have self-serve froyo and there’s even a 7-Eleven froyo truck. The 7-Eleven froyo spoons have extra long handles and they’re imprinted with the words, 7-Eleven’s Frozen Yogurt.

(6) Sno:la spoons

These are compostable wooden spoons. The larger one is from their Beverly Hills shop that closed. The smaller one is from their Tokyo shop. Everything is smaller in Japan, or bigger in America.

(7) Tutti Frutti light up spoon 

These unusual spoons have a built in light. To activate the light, you have to twist the top of the spoon sideways. These are the only light up spoons in my collection. 


(8) Yogurtland original logo spoons 

The first Yogurtland logo spoons were clear pink and green. They still had the old logo. Later, they decided to switch to compostable spoons. 

(9) Yogurtland 5th anniversary spoon

When Yogurtland turned five in 2011, they handed out the limited edition purple spoon – for one day only!

If you missed my earlier post, I am selling some of my froyo spoons. See

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: