Monday, April 29, 2013

The Yogurtland Flavor Quest Continues with Black Sesame Vanilla & Mexican Hot Chocolate




Fro-yo girl here. I just visited Mexico and Japan. The final two Yogurtland Flavor Quest flavors arrived today (April 29): Black Sesame Vanilla from Japan and Mexican Hot Chocolate from Mexico.

Black sesame is a popular, beloved Asian flavor and I’ve had many black sesame flavored sweets including mochi and black sesame gelato.

* Black sesame vanilla (Japan): This is actually the second time I’ve had black sesame fro-yo and Yogurtland’s version is better than the one I tried before which was tart based and quite intense. The tart base didn’t complement the black sesame. Yogurtland’s version is much more mellow thanks to the vanilla flavor. The base is sweet which I think is more complementary. You do taste black sesame but it’s not intense as in a black sesame gelato. It reminds me a bit of peanut butter or red bean. The texture was thick, smooth and very creamy. I liked the combination of mochi with black sesame and wished that the global fro-yo flavors had been accompanied by some global toppings as well.
* Mexican hot chocolate (Mexico): Described as a mix of earthy cocoa and cinnamon, this flavor is not an intense chocolate but more of a mild chocolate with a hint of cinnamon. It’s fairly sweet. I thought it was fine but I generally don’t like chocolate fro-yo.

These two new flavors should be at Yogurtland till May 26th. Remember to scan those QR codes and enjoy the Flavor Quest!


You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: