Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Yogurtland Flavor Quest Continues with Creme Brulee and Spiced Chai





Fro-yo girl here. The new batch of Yogurtland Flavor Quest flavors arrived in stores on April 1: Spiced Chai from India and Creme Brulee from France. I was excited to try both.

* Creme brulee (France): “Silky rich vanilla custard finished with a light, caramelized sugar topping.” They did a nice job with this, it tasted as described with that distinctive caramelized sugar flavor and custardy quality. The texture was smooth and creamy. It seemed sweeter than usual. I would have liked a stronger vanilla flavor.
* Spiced chai (India): “Bold and delicious, we’ve infused the traditional spices of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and clove with vanilla, creating a warm and spicy chai flavor.” I could definitely taste several spices and it tasted like a sweet chai but I didn’t notice much tea flavor. I also don’t think there was enough cardamom flavor. It was more of an Americanized chai than an Indian chai flavor. I also thought it was very sweet.

Creme Brulee and Spiced Chai fro-yo are available from April 1 - April 28. Sticky toffee pudding and POG sorbet arrive on April 15.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

No comments: