Monday, April 15, 2013

Yogurtland’s Flavor Quest Continues: Sticky Toffee Pudding and POG Sorbet




Fro-yo girl here. The new batch of Yogurtland Flavor Quest flavors arrived today (April 15): Sticky Toffee Pudding from England and POG sorbet from Hawaii.

If it’s not obvious by now, I love fro-yo, so any sorbet is less appealing. If I do like a sorbet, it has to be tart and fruity. As for sticky toffee pudding, I’ve never had it and probably never will because English puddings seem like they’d be super sweet with dried fruit.

* POG sorbet (Hawaii): POG combines orange, passion fruit and guava. I could definitely taste the guava (my least favorite of the three) and could barely taste the orange. I was surprised by how sweet this sorbet was. Orange sorbet would have been nice on its own or orange passion fruit. Since I don’t like guava or sweet sorbet, I wasn’t a fan. It was icy but not refreshing.

* Sticky toffee pudding (England): “Direct from England, this moist, sweet sponge cake, made with chopped dates and covered in butter toffee is sure to make even the rainiest London day a delight.” I tried this flavor during the Yuletide Yumminess promotion. I was dreading the taste of dates. The flavor is better than I expected because it doesn’t have intense date or butter toffee flavor. It’s creamy and mostly tastes like a nice muted butter toffee.

POG sorbet and Sticky toffee pudding fro-yo are available through May 12. Remember to scan those QR codes.

Mexican hot chocolate and Black sesame vanilla arrive on April 29.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

No comments: