Monday, May 11, 2009

Do Nubi and Ono Hawaiian BBQ Share the Same Owner?


Fro-yo girl here. On Mother’s Day, I stopped by Nubi to get my free 10 ounces of fro-yo and toppings (the Mother’s Day promotion). It was crazy there with a constant stream of customers. The receipt shows that they took $3.90 off the bill (39 cents an ounce x 10 free ounces) but it says Ono BBQ 5 oz. free ($3.90). That’s strange – why would the Nubi register list the discount as an Ono menu item (even if they shared an owner)?

The Nubi Millbrae receipt is also a coupon for 15% off at Ono Hawaiian BBQ and they had Ono menus by the register. I wonder whether Ono hands out Nubi coupons?

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes Ono Hawaiian gives out 5 free oz of
Nubi at the bottom of their receipt

Anonymous said...

Oh, now I have to go to Ono. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Sure and nubi's has a 15% off Ono's as well

Lolia S said...

I received official confirmation that Ono and Nubi share the same owner...