Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sing Tao Street & Art Fair in Redwood City


Fro-yo girl here. I attended the Sing Tao Street & Art Fair in downtown Redwood City after Fro-yo boy told me that Tuttimelon had a tent there (and that Roy L. was inside the tent). Moving a soft serve machine around can’t be that easy (they’re really heavy) but I love the idea of eating fro-yo at street fairs.

Food vendors included Tuttimelon ($2 for a cup of mango or original fro-yo w/ 2 toppings), Crouching Tiger, and a Thai temple. I also saw people eating steamed bao and the lamb kabob vendor caught my eye (was it an Asian style lamb kabob?)

There wasn’t much “art” but it was nice to see Asian vendors (similar to the ones I’ve seen at the Moon Festivals), including Vitasoy, Sheng Kee (they were selling baked buns), insurance companies, Chinese medicine, massage, and trinkets (scarves, cell phone accessories, jade cabbages, sunglasses, toys, etc.).

I’ve never seen that many Asians in downtown Redwood City before. I’m not sure what the fair was really about but it seemed to be celebrating Asian (Chinese) culture with dance performances, a fashion show, kung fu and a singing contest.

The fair took place on Saturday and Sunday (May 2 - 3) with free admission.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

No comments: