Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yogurt Candy Review: Yogen Fruz Smoothies Candy


Fro-yo girl here. I found out about Yogen Fruz Smoothies fruit + yogurt candy from the Yogen Fruz blog on March 26th and of course I’ve been searching for the candy ever since. My first stop was the Whole Foods on 4th & Harrison (SF) but they didn’t have any (and hadn't heard of it). I finally tracked down all three flavors at Cost Plus (Westlake Center, Daly City).

The headline confused me, “Put a smoothie in your pocket.” I thought they were talking about gift cards.

Here’s their description of the candy: “Enjoy the refreshing flavors of Yogen Fruz with new Fruit + Yogurt Smoothies. Made with delicious natural fruit flavor blends and probiotic yogurt, each piece is only three calories with zero fat and contain probiotic yogurt, pure cane sugar and Vitamin C. Which means you can now enjoy a guilt free Fruz anytime and anywhere. We hope you luv em!”

My next reaction was yogurt candy?! But yogurt’s supposed to be healthy and candy isn’t. Yogurt bites sounds healthier. Still, I had to try it.

The tins are cute, with a snap top. The inner lid says u deserve it. The candies are also cute small tablets with the Yogen Fruz smile. They look and taste like SweeTarts (hard tablets). The flavor is actually better than Sweet Tarts – it’s more natural tasting and tarter. However, I can’t taste the yogurt.

I like the blueberry breeze flavor the best.

My dream fro-yo candy would be chewy and milky like White Rabbit, only with a yogurt flavor. The melt in your mouth rice wrapper would work well too, unless they can put the yogurt filling inside MOCHI.

Details: all natural, 36 pieces, 0.89 oz., $1.99

Ingredients: Pure cane sugar, yogurt, tartaric acid, malic acid, natural flavors, ascorbic acid, natural color

Flavors: Blueberry breeze with acai, Tropical storm (pineapple, mango, tangerine), Strawberry banana

4 out of 5 stars

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* COST PLUS: 423 Westlake Center, Daly City, CA 94015

No comments: