Thursday, March 12, 2009

It Finally Happened! Tart Fro-yo Hits the Supermarket


Fro-yo girl here. One of my wishes for 2009 has come true. Thanks to Haagen Dazs, you can buy tart fro-yo at your local supermarket. It’s called tart natural and it has live and active cultures.

Is it any good? It’s okay. I can understand that it’s denser than your usual tart fro-yo but the flavor isn’t refreshing. It’s creamy and heavy with a milky aftertaste. Imagine plain ice cream (i.e., milk, sugar, egg, cream) with a tiny bit of lemon juice (not enough to make it taste like lemon ice cream) and you’ll get a sense of what it tastes like. There is some yogurt flavor but it is subtle.

Find Haagen Dazs tart natural fro-yo near you: http://www.haagendazs.com/products/product.aspx?id=365

3 stars (out of 5).

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey lolia! i'm still reading your cute blog :P

btw, did you know trader joe's has had tart froyo for a while? i haven't tried it yet but i hear it's pretty good.

Lolia S said...

Wow, how did I miss TJ's tart fro-yo??? I was just at TJ's yesterday. I need to go back and look. Thanks! I still can't believe I didn't see it because I go to TJ's all the time.

XinFengLin_is_a_scammer said...

I'm a fan of original tart, but no fan of Haagen Dazs fro-yo. Your post summarizes the taste - too creamy and milky.

I want my money back Safeway!