Thursday, September 26, 2024

Xiaomei Vanilla Ice Cream Cup Review




Fro-yo girl here. I found these Xiaomei ice cream cups at Good Fortune Supermarket in San Gabriel, CA. These ice cream cups are imported from Taiwan. I’ve had Xiaomei’s boba ice cream bars before, so I was somewhat familiar with the brand. However, I didn’t know the rich history of Xiaomei’s ice cream cups.

The founder of Xiaomei Ice Cream launched Taiwan’s first homemade vanilla ice cream in 1948. The ice cream is known for its taste and reasonable price. I imagine generations of Taiwanese have grown up eating Xiaomei ice cream cups.

The ice cream is sold a plastic bag that contains ten individually packaged cups. Good Fortune sells them individually for $0.84/cup. One cup is 66g.

Vanilla ice cream: The ice cream was fluffy, creamy but with icy edge, and with a strong vanilla flavor and scent. It was sweeter than I expected (too sweet), but pleasant. I can see it appealing to kids. It didn’t taste like high quality vanilla ice cream to me, but it was under $1, so I’m not surprised. It had too much air and was too sweet.

Available flavors: vanilla, chocolate, Swiss chocolate, yogurt

What? They have froyo. I have to look for it.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* Good Fortune Supermarket, 300 W Main St, Ste 120, Alhambra, CA 91801

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: