Thursday, September 19, 2024

Kourellas Traditional Greek Yogurt Review

 





Fro-yo girl here. I’m not sure what’s going on with Kourellas US. Their website isn’t fully functional. I found their yogurt at the Grocery Outlet for $0.50 per container. One container is 4.2 oz. There were three flavors available: blood orange, cherry, and coffee.

The Kourellas own a dairy farm in Greece, the first organic dairy in Greece. I believe the Greek yogurt I found was made with New York dairy and primarily carried on the East Coast. Other than the Grocery Outlet sighting, I haven’t seen Kourellas yogurt in other stores (in the Los Angeles area).

Kourellas Greek yogurt is made with whole milk, cream, sugar, etc. It contains no stabilizers, preservatives, starch, added flavors, pectin, colorings, GMOs, or gluten. The yogurt is strained in the traditional Greek way.

Cherry yogurt: This is a blended yogurt. The texture was creamy and smooth. It did have a strong cherry flavor with a sour aftertaste. I like sour yogurt, so I found it pleasant and natural tasting. One serving is 170 calories, 10g total fat, 9g total carbs, 8g total sugars, and 7g protein.

Blood orange yogurt: Creamy with a strong taste of blood orange, sour aftertaste

Kourellas Greek yogurt isn’t as sweet as other Greek yogurt brands and it does taste like real yogurt and real fruit. I liked it a lot! Most yogurt on the US market is too sweet.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: