Thursday, September 28, 2023

Gjusta’s Sheep’s Milk Yogurt Review




Fro-yo girl here. I finally made it Gjusta in Venice and I found out they have their own grocery store called Gjusta Grocer. Gjusta Grocer had tubs of Gjusta sheep’s milk yogurt with plum compote. They make their own yogurt! I think I might have seen it at Gjusta too. I’m sure the compotes are seasonal. Plums are in season.

Sheep’s Milk Yogurt with Plum Compote: The yogurt is thick (not as thick as Greek yogurt or skyr) and sour. The compote isn’t that sweet though there are chunks of plum and the plum is naturally sweet. The compote adds some tang. I loved it because it tasted simple and natural, not overly sweetened and not overly processed. I’ll have to get more. It’s better than some of the sheep’s milk yogurt that I’ve gotten from farmer’s markets because those taste sweeter.

A tub is 8 oz and $6. The list of ingredients is short: sheep’s milk, local plums, lemon, organic sugar, salt. No nutritional information is provided. I’m guessing that it’s full fat because of the richness and taste of cream.

5 out of 5 stars

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

GJUSTA GROCER: 105 Windward Ave, Venice, CA 90291

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: