Thursday, June 23, 2022

Quickly Adds Purple Rice Yogurt Shakes




Fro-yo girl here. The purple rice yogurt California invasion started at the beginning of 2021. Purple rice yogurt drinks/smoothies were first found in tea shops and then in standalone purple rice yogurt shops. Yomie’s Rice x Yogurt of Australia has the most locations in California. They make their own yogurt.

Anyway, I was amused to see that Quickly, which always tries to capitalize on anything Asian and trendy, now has yogurt shakes with purple rice – at least in San Francisco. I doubt they make their own yogurt. It reminded me of when they came out with the super cheap Quickly froyo. 

From what I can tell, purple rice yogurt drinks aren’t as popular as regular milk tea boba drinks. Sunright Tea Studio seems much busier than Yomie’s. Yomie’s is more expensive, the drinks take longer to make, and the variety of drinks is more limited. I heard Yomie’s quality has declined, so I’m afraid to go back but I did like their drinks. They taste like yogurt, they’re tangy and they’re supposedly better for you than boba drinks.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: