Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Noodle St Housemade Yogurt

 




Fro-yo girl here. Noodle St. started in Monrovia, CA in 2017 and currently has four locations. They specialize in handmade noodles. You can even watch someone making the noodles in the kitchen. Their Chinese beef noodle soup is high quality, refined, and delicious They also make their own yogurt! The first time I dined there and saw yogurt on the menu, it wasn’t available.

Recently, I walked by the Westfield Santa Anita location in Arcadia and noticed they had a sign for homemade yogurt. According to the menu, they have original, blueberry, and mixed nuts yogurt. However, when I asked, they only had original yogurt. A small jar of original yogurt is $4.

Original yogurt: It reminded me of Vietnamese yogurt, which is made with whole (dairy) milk and condensed milk, but not as sweet while still flavorful. The yogurt had a smooth, custardy texture, a little firmer than usual because it’s pot set (cultured and set in individual glass jars). I’m pretty sure that it’s made with more than just whole milk but I’m not sure if they use buttermilk or condensed milk. Anyway, it’s surprisingly sour and really tasty. I’m hoping to try other flavors.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: