Thursday, May 13, 2021

Hidden Froyo at Whipp’d Los Angeles


Fro-yo girl here. I was trying to get some froyo in Hollywood recently and I thought I’d check out Whipp’d. I visited years ago when they were at 7901 Santa Monica Blvd #106 in West Hollywood. They moved to 1429 North Highland Ave, Hollywood in 2017 and now share a space with Fat Tomato Pizza.

From the outside of the building, I didn’t see any mention of Whipp’d or froyo but I spotted the froyo machine inside. I think I only saw one machine (they used to have nine soft serve flavors a day). The place was tiny and cramped. I spotted a freezer full of Blue Bell Ice Cream. They still offer crepes, Hawaiiian hot dogs, and fried snacks. They offer Carbolite.

I didn’t have a great experience there. The hours on Yelp and Google are wrong (both say they’re open from 11 AM – 3 AM, but they actually open at 4 PM), no one answered the phone, and when I showed up in person to ask what froyo flavors they have, the employee couldn’t even answer the question. The hours on Menupages and Grubhub are also wrong. Their last post on Instagram was on August 30 and the hours on Instagram say M-F 6 PM – 3 AM and Saturday-Sunday from 12 PM – 3 AM. The website has no information other than the default generic Hello World, Welcome to WordPress. How can people figure out when it’s actually open?? Strange place. Apparently, other people have had the same problems with Fat Tomato Pizza. Based on my strange experience, I won’t be going back.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: