Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Wei-chuan Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Icebars Review






Fro-yo girl here. I first spotted Wei-Chuan frozen yogurt bars at a Chinese market in West Covina, CA. I didn’t have my cooler bag and ice with me, so I didn’t buy them at the time. I was also hoping that I’d see them again somewhere closer to home. Luckily, I spotted them again at Great Wall Supermarket in Monterey Park. Great Wall was selling Wei-Chuan frozen yogurt bars for $2.99/box.

One 10 oz box contains 4 individually wrapped bars. The bars have zero trans fats. Wei-Chuan is a local company that manufactures food products in the US and is headquartered in the City of Industry, CA.

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt: The bar had little fragrance. It was pale pink and looked icy. The bar was firm and icy. It had a faint cream/milky flavor with a hint of yogurt. I liked that it wasn’t too sweet and tasted a bit like yogurt but the strawberry flavor was very faint and the bar was bland (but inoffensive). The bar was not tangy. One bar is 80 calories, 3g total fata, 11g total carbs, 9g total sugars, and 1g protein.

The list of ingredients was nice and short: yogurt culture, ice cream mix (cream, sugar, nonfat milk powder, guar gum), water, sugar, frozen strawberries.

Available flavors: Strawberry, Blueberry, Peach

3 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* GREAT WALL SUPERMARKET: 421 N Atlantic Blvd., Monterey Park, CA 91754

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: