Thursday, November 5, 2020

Menchie’s University Needs a Makeover, Testing New Flavor, Full Service for Now, Curbside Pickup



Fro-yo girl here. I hadn’t been to Menchie’s University in Encino, CA in months because of the coronavirus pandemic, but I like going to see what they’re testing. Sure enough, there was a test flavor, Cinnamon Graham Cracker. I loved Menchie’s Golden Graham Cracker flavor, so I had high hopes. Hmm, I did not like Cinnamon Graham Cracker though – it seemed too sweet. But it did complement the Pumpkin Spice with Nilla froyo.

I wasn’t thrilled that they offered flat rate pricing because you can’t get exactly what you want or control the quantity. I wasn’t feeling like having a lot of froyo but the smallest option (Small w/ up to two flavors of froyo and 1 topping) felt too large. They wrote in the corner or price by weight but didn’t mention that option to me. She assumed I’d get the flat rate cup.

I was surprised that Menchie’s University did not have any of the new Connected cups. Also, the sign on the side of the building looks like it caught fire? It looks awful. Why wouldn’t they fix or remove it? Menchie’s University shouldn’t look this bad.

Menchie’s recently launched curbside pickup, available through the Menchie’s app. However, when I launch the Menchie’s app, my nearest location doesn’t even have the current flavors listed, let alone offer curbside pickup through the app. I don’t see a way to place an order other than calling the shop – and if that’s the case, who needs the Menchie’s app to do that?

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* MENCHIE’S UNIVERSITY: 17245 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA 91316

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: