Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Original Yogurtland Closes in Fullerton, California






Fro-yo girl here. Devastating news; the original location of Yogurtland on State College Blvd in Fullerton, across from Cal State Fullerton, has closed. On October 26, the following message was posted on FB and Instagram, “It’s been a pleasure to serve you at our original Yogurtland store in Fullerton on State College. Unfortunately, our doors have closed permanently at this location. We invite you to visit our nearby Yogurtland locations at 122 W Orangethorpe Ave (Fullerton), 730 E Imperial Hwy (Brea) and 17486 Yorba Linda Blvd (Yorba Linda). Hope to see you soon!” The note on the door says the location closed due to the "economic effects of COVID-19."

I first visited the original Yogurtland location in 2013 and I wrote about the history of that location at the time.

The location was remodeled in 2008. In 2016, the location was remodeled again. I visited a few times in 2016, for the Nintendo Game On Launch Party and also to try their shaved snow. The shop had already been remodeled when I visited.

I know I visited after 2016 but I can’t remember when. I also drove by and looked at it a few times since 2016. Why wasn’t more done to save and protect this special location???

Thanks to Eric F., for the recent pictures of Yogurtland Fullerton State College. The Yogurtland signs were removed on October 28.

* YOGURTLAND, 501 N State College Blvd, Ste C, Fullerton, CA 92831

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: