Saturday, July 18, 2020

Happy 5th Anniversary, Yoga-urt Kenneth Village (Glendale)




Fro-yo girl here. I am so excited for Yoga-urt; the original location in Glendale’s Kenneth Village (1407 W Kenneth Rd, Glendale) is celebrating five years today, July 18. I’ve been a fan since my first taste of Yoga-urt back when they first opened and Mr. Froyo is also a regular. It’s the only business that he regularly frequents. He makes it a point to go in person to show support for such a wonderful, special business. During the stay at home order, we always had some Yoga-urt in the freezer.

How special is it? Where do I begin? The froyo is made from scratch by hand in small batches and they make their own flavors. It’s the only ALL organic, vegan, soy free, kosher froyo shop in Los Angeles and beyond. I can’t think of another one and I track froyo shops all over the world. Not only is it allergy friendly, but the taste – so fresh, so natural! The texture is so thick, rich, dense, creamy and indulgent. I’m definitely making myself hungry thinking about it.

The anniversary celebration takes place the weekend of July 25-26. And yes, the tradition of the new anniversary flavor continues but I don’t know what that flavor is yet. I’ll report back. In the mean time, here’s the Yoga-urt anniversary message:


“That's right, 5 YEARS ago in July, we opened our doors in Glendale's Kenneth Village and it has been an amazing roller coaster ride ever since. 
Yoga-urt is STILL the only all organic & vegan frozen yogurt store in Los Angeles. People still drive from all over LA, OC, Long Beach, the Valley, etc. to come. And with 2 locations and 30 original flavors created (and the 31st coming for our anniversary making it 31 flavors :), it has been one wild ride. 
5 years deserves a big celebration but with our Anniversary only a few weeks away on July 25/26 and COVID-19 at a very sensitive point, it's hard to know what that celebration will be, although it's clear it will be a socially distanced one unfortunately. 
For me, it is very important to be able to celebrate this milestone with all of you, our customers. Some have been coming for 5 years and some are new, but we would never have reached 5 years without every single one of you. I know the love for Yoga-urt runs deep for some of you which means so much to me. 
So what will this celebration be? I don't know yet. We may celebrate at the store the weekend of July 25/26 or we may postpone the store celebration until August. Either way, I have an idea of a way to celebrate even from our homes that I will share soon. Look for announcements on social media and another newsletter in a few weeks with more info.”

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: