Monday, May 4, 2020

New Flavor at Yoga-urt: Maple Banana Pancake



Fro-yo girl here. Yoga-urt just came out with a new flavor, their first in 2020: Maple Banana Pancake. A lot of their fans asked for a banana flavor. It just so happens that my least favorite flavor in the world is banana. But, I’ve tried banana froyo several times just out of dedication to froyo. If I taste a hint of banana in anything, I won’t like it. I do, however, love pancakes and I’m okay with maple (don’t love or hate it).

Maple Banana Pancake: It’s made with roasted bananas. Does roasting make bananas taste better? I have no idea. The banana flavor was definitely there but it wasn’t overwhelming because the base and the pancake flavor balanced it. I’m not sure that I tasted maple. It did taste like a baked good like bread or cake but not banana bread. Recommended toppings: chocolate chips, cacao nibs, and mochi.

Maple Banana Pancake is organic, vegan, kosher, gluten-free, soy-free, probiotic, and all natural. Yes, all those things.

Yoga-urt is offering delivery through Postmates and Grubhub and takeout. Customers aren’t allowed inside the store. The menu is posted in the window. You call in your order and pay over the phone and someone brings it out in a bag when it’s ready. Grubhub is currently offering free delivery on your first order.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* YOGA-URT, 2211 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles (Echo Park), CA 90026

* YOGA-URT, 1407 ½ W Kenneth Rd., Glendale, CA 91201

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: