Thursday, May 28, 2020

Yasso Chocolate Dipped Bars Review




Vanilla chocolate crunch

Sea salt caramel chocolate crunch

Fro-yo girl here. Yasso recently introduced a new line of chocolate dipped Greek frozen yogurt bars. The Greek yogurt bars have a milk chocolate or dark chocolate coating with crisped quinoa. Bars are 140-160 calories each with 4g of protein, live and active cultures, and no high intensity sweeteners. They sounded right up my alley, since I like crunchy chocolate dipped bars and clearly love froyo.

I found two flavors at Vons and it didn’t seem like they carried the other two flavors, based on the shelf tags. They were $6.79 each, $1.30 more than the suggested retail price. One box has four individually wrapped bars. Each bar is 2.65 oz. The bars are gluten-free. One bar of salted caramel chocolate crunch has 150 calories, 7g total fat, 18g total carbs, 15g total sugars and 4g protein. The ingredients list is relatively short and natural sounding.

The bars are smaller than the regular Yasso bars. A regular Yasso bar is 3.5 oz. The chocolate dipped bars are about 3.5 inches in length, 2 inches in height, and 1 inch wide. 

Vanilla Chocolate Crunch: You can’t easily tell this from the packaging, but some of the bars have a milk chocolate coating and others have a dark chocolate coating. Vanilla Chocolate Crunch bars feature a milk chocolate shell that’s thin and crisp, with added crunch from the crisped quinoa. I was impressed with the flavor and texture of the chocolate shell. The vanilla froyo on the inside is soft and creamy with a distinctive vanilla flavor and a subtle yogurt flavor. It’s hard to tell that it’s frozen yogurt but it’s still a delicious, fairly healthy treat.

Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Crunch: I don’t usually like salted caramel but Yasso’s version wasn’t cloyingly sweet. The dark chocolate shell was thicker than the milk chocolate shell and also very tasty.

I slightly preferred the Vanilla Chocolate Crunch since I like vanilla froyo better than salted caramel froyo, but I liked the dark chocolate shell better than the milk chocolate shell. I remember how much I liked their pb dipped chocolate bar years ago but I haven’t seen it for years. I’m excited to find the new Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch bars.

The indulgent yet healthy dipped bars are available in four flavors:

  • Mint Chocolate Crunch
  • Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch
  • Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Crunch
  • Vanilla Chocolate Crunch

A box comes with four bars and retails for $5.49.

Use the store locator to find Yasso Chocolate Dipped Bars.

4.5 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You're frozen yogurt vanilla chocolate crunch bars used to be excellent, now whenever I purchase them all the chocolate falls off on my clothes it does not stick to the ice cream. What is going on did you change the ingredient list?

Anonymous said...

I have had the same experience. Great at first, now falls apart. Very disappointed.

Anonymous said...

Same problem! Chocolate falls off. Looks like I’ll be buying another brand. Bye Yasso

Anonymous said...

What a shame.,I have the same complaint. I’ll buy Yasso one more time and if the chocolate continues fallling off I’ll seek another brand

Unknown said...

chocolate coating falls off all the time.