Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Pinkberry’s New Dairy-Free Cold Brew Flavor



Fro-yo girl here. There’s a new dairy-free soft serve at Pinkberry: Cold Brew, made with coconut milk. I remember when Pinkberry introduced dairy-free coconut milk soft serve in 2016. Though I usually don’t like coconut anything, I did like their coconut milk soft serve because it was smooth, thick, and not too sweet.

Dairy-free Cold Brew made with coconut milk soft serve: The soft serve wasn’t as smooth as the coconut milk soft serve I had before (at Pinkberry) but that may have been a function of the machine. It was still thick and dense. The coconut milk flavor was pretty strong and so was the cold brew coffee flavor. The flavors were complementary. The coffee flavor was not harsh or bitter. The soft serve was refreshing and felt lighter and cleaner than some of their frozen yogurt flavors.

Pinkberry recommends enjoying their dairy-free Cold Brew soft serve with housemade mocha sauce and chocolate chips. The location that I went to didn’t have the housemade mocha sauce. However, the toppings that I did pick (Almond Roca, dark chocolate crisps, almonds, chocolate chips) were really good too. And the location I went to did have chocolate sauce.

Dairy-free soft serve is definitely a thing right now, and I’m happy to see good dairy-free soft serve at Pinkberry.

Try Dairy-Free Cold Brew through April 18.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: