Monday, March 25, 2019

New Flavor, Thai Iced Tea, Introduced by Yoga-urt at Vegan Street Fair



Fro-yo girl here. Mr. Froyo and I went to the Vegan Street Fair in North Hollywood, CA this past weekend for one reason, to try the new froyo flavor, Thai Iced Tea, from Yoga-urt. I wasn’t feeling well, so we only went to Yoga-urt. The festival looked as crowded as ever and Yoga-urt had a long line. A single scoop was $4, 2 scoops $7, and 3 scoops $9. Mr. Froyo had Tantric Tart while I had Thai Iced Tea.

I’ve often wondered which spices go into Thai Iced Tea and what makes it so orange. When I get it at Thai places, it’s usually super sweet and creamy. Did you know that the orange color often comes from food coloring?

I’m sure Yoga-urt didn’t use food coloring, so their Thai Iced Tea froyo wasn’t bright orange. I could see various spices in the scoop but I’m not sure what they were. Mr. Froyo said he tasted cardamom for sure. I thought I tasted cinnamon and vanilla but definitely something else. Tamarind? Not sure, but I was intrigued. Also, I appreciate that the flavor wasn’t as super sweet as actual Thai iced tea.

Thai Iced Tea wasn’t available at the Glendale shop and I didn’t want to wait a whole month to try it.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: