Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Pressed Juicery Introduces Matcha Almond Freeze



Fro-yo girl here. Pressed Juicery introduced several new matcha products last week, including Matcha Tea, Matcha Almond, Matcha Lemonade and Matcha Almond Freeze. Matcha Tea and Matcha Lemonade are made with probiotics. All of Pressed Juicery’s matcha products are made with Panatea’s ceremonial grade matcha from Japanese tea leaves.

I love matcha everything, so I wanted to try Matcha Almond Freeze as soon as I heard about it. However, the Pressed Juicery that I went to ran out of both the Matcha Almond Freeze and Matcha Almond Milk. I had to go back after they received a shipment.

* Matcha Almond Freeze: I could taste the matcha though it wasn’t a strong matcha flavor (it’s more muted and subtle). The texture wasn’t as gritty as the last time I ordered Freeze but it was icy as usual. The flavor isn’t too sweet and it has a very clean, natural flavor – but it also doesn’t have that much flavor and the texture is decidedly icy. It melted quickly. The flavor of the toppings (almonds, almond butter drizzle, dark chocolate chips) overwhelmed the flavor of the Freeze. Matcha Almond Freeze is made with matcha, kale, spinach, romaine, cucumber, almonds, dates, and vanilla bean.

* Matcha Tea (matcha, probiotic, maple syrup, lemon): this was okay but didn’t have enough matcha flavor for me

* Matcha Lemonade (lemon, matcha, probiotic, maple syrup, mint): the mint flavor dominated which wasn’t what I expected, there wasn’t even much lemon flavor

* Matcha Almond (matcha, almonds, dates, vanilla bean, cinnamon): this was the best matcha drink but the matcha flavor still seemed muted


I was surprised that Matcha Almond Freeze replaced the Greens Freeze because that means that all the Freeze flavors have nuts. But apparently Greens Freeze will return with an improved texture.

3.5 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: